Grafting onto black hawthorn

Thompson
Hello,

I recently read about hawthorn's use as rootstock for many other pome fruits, and there's a huge grove of black hawthorn (C douglassi) growing in the woods behind my house, with lots of easy to dig suckers. I have some small pieces of pear scionwood leftover from the exchange in Eugene (which is also how I found these forums), so I'm going to try grafting those.But, I'm very curious about quince, medlars, and aronia on hawthorn. I think there were some old forum posts where folks had successfully done it - anyone still have them producing?

For More You Can Go:
Web Hosting Video

Thank you